There is no better friend than a SISTER. And there is no better sister than YOU.

"Ate, kausapin mo ako, gusto kong magsalita," you would always tell me. And in reply I'd tell you, "Sige, narrate mo sa'kin ano naramdaman mo since the day you were born!" And then Daddyo would laugh at us.

Tapos sasabihin mo, funny pala ako kasi nga you'd always say, "Ate, buti nalang talaga nagbago ka na. Ang KJ-KJ mo kasi dati - hindi ka ma-joke! Palagi kang nag-aaral. 'Pag may party, palagi kang nasa isang tabi, nag-aaral. Tapos ang corny mo pa."

Nyaha, people change, y'know!


People always notice how different you are to me. They always say how you appear to be the Ate whenever they hear you speak. With much conviction, you say your mind - something that I am always afraid to do. We just cannot claim that we have the same taste and perspective on things. While I tend to keep my thoughts in, you always have a say on almost anything (simply because you say you love talking).

Yuck, kadiri ang senti ng susunod na paragraphs sa post na 'to.


You've always been there for me. In times of happiness and sorrow. Victory and defeat. I won't deny how I grew accustomed to the fact that you're always by my side. But now you're about to soar on your own to reach that dream of yours. And not even this whole blog post would suffice to tell you how proud I am to see the woman you've slowly become. At age 21, you've landed the job you've always dreamed of - at first try! While I bummed out the next three months after grad thinking of what I really wanted to accomplish in life, you're already on your way to reach that dream of yours. Ikaw yan eh, yung kapatid kong alam sa simula pa lang kung anong gusto niyang gawin sa buhay. You just don't have any idea how many times I admired you silently because you are strong-willed and decisive. Magaling kang dumiskarte. While I'm book-based, always having an imaginary flow chart or diagram in my head, you're the one who's street-smart and always quick to decide.

Now, like our fave brother, your office is so many thousands up in the sky! Sosyal. You guys wanted me to follow your paths, but I think flying isn't my thing. (Abang nalang akong free flights!) You and Kuya are so alike in so many ways. Pareho kayong petiks, mahilig sa maanghang, pareho ng trip sa buhay. Kayo yung madalas magkasundo. (Siguro dahil middle child ako?) Ako yung palagi niyong pinagtitripan. But I am proud of you two. I may always be the one with honors and medals but, in truth, you two are the smarter ones - tamad lang talaga kayo! Lol.

Shobe, please keep in mind that you are my favorite sister. HAHAHAHAHA (wala naman kasi talaga akong choice, chos!). I am proud of you. I am proud of how you pick yourself up whenever you fall. I am proud of your optimism, your fighting spirit, your go-getter attitude. I am proud of having a sister who looks like Kathryn and Nadine - even prettier at that! I am proud of your craft, you've become such a talented makeup artist who doesn't even need to try hard. You're a natural! Naks! I'll miss our late night talks, your advising prowess as if ikaw yung Ate ko. Your "Ate, samahan mo ako, takot ako!" moments. Your weirdness (gosh you're super weird y'know?)! I wish you all the best. Always take care of yourself because I won't be by your side to feed you and all. Kaloka ka, girl! "Ate pasalubong pls tnx mwa!" yung palagi mong text message sa'kin. 

Always pray. I know you'll make us even prouder than we already are. (Stop eating so much then complain to us how much you got fat! HAHAHAHA.) I love you so much, shobe! Safe skies always!

(Tried so hard to finish this post without shedding a single tear.)


💗,
Ate Cheng